OhioHeretoHelp.com Back on Track Checklist
Back on Track Checklist
- I have contacted the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services main line at (877) 852-0010 for assistance in locating my local One-Stop or county department of job and family services.
- I have visited and/or contacted my local One-Stop for assistance with:
- Career Exploration
- Job Leads
- Resume Development
- Skills Assessment
- Interview Techniques
- Transportation Assistance
- I have contacted my local One-Stop at http://jfs.ohio.gov/owd/wia/wiamap.stm and/or library at http://www.oplin.lib.oh.us/ or at (877) 852-0010 for FREE services such as computer access.
- I have registered on www.OhioMeansJobs.com and posted my resume.
- I have practiced and feel comfortable with my interviewing skills.
- Within the past week, I have:
- Searched for job opportunities at www.OhioMeansJobs.com
- Sent my resume to a potential employer or applied for a job opportunity
- Interviewed for a position or practiced for a job interview
- I have visited the University System of Ohio's Web site at http://uso.edu/sgs/index.php or called (877) 428-8246 to review all the grant and scholarship opportunities in Ohio that are available to assist me in my future education and career.
- I have reliable transportation for my job search, training or job opportunity -- or I have contacted either my local One-Stop or county department of job and family services.
- I have the appropriate clothing for an interview and/or a potential job -- or I have contacted either my local One-Stop or county department of job and family services.
- I have visited and/or contacted my local county department of job and family services for FREE information about:
- Food Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Health Care
- Transportation Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- I have contacted my local Ohio Benefit Bank either online at www.ohiobenefits.org, in person, or by calling (800) 648-1176.
- I have contacted my local Ohio Community Action Agency either online at http://development.ohio.gov/Community/ocs/locate.htm or http://www.oacaa.org/directory.html, in person, or by calling (614) 224-8500.
- I have contacted my local Second Harvest Foodbank either online at http://www.oashf.org/, in person, or by calling (614) 221-4336.
- I have contacted "Save The Dream Ohio" online at http://savethedream.ohio.gov/ or at (888) 404-4674 for foreclosure prevention assistance.
- I have contacted Ohio's Best Rx at http://www.ohiobestrx.org/ or (866) 923-7879 for prescription drug assistance.
- I have contacted my local free clinic for medical assistance at (614) 221-6494 or online at http://www.ohiofreeclinics.org/.
Ohio has 90 local One-Stop offices designed to assist job seekers, employers and youth with a wide range of workforce-related services.